Mon – Fri: 08:00-17:00
Sat – Sun: 10:00-16:00
Public Holidays: 10:00-16:00
Chenin Blanc 2016
A straw appearance with excellent varietal expressions. Very intense aromas, which range from country hay, floral, tropical fruit and apricots to spice.
- Voor Paardberg
- March by hand
- Blend information:
- 100% Chenin blanc from our vineyards.
- Mediterranean climate with moderate summers and cold, rainy winters. Rainfall of approximately 600 – 800 mm annually.
- Perdeberg Mountain sandstone, granite and shale.
- After the grapes were crushed, the must was fermented with selected yeast at 13° C. Once fermentation was complete, the wine was racked, fined, filtered, in february the wine was stabilized and bottled.
- Serving suggestions:
- A good option is fish of any kind as is grilled chicken, cheese soufflé, seafood pasta and gammon.
- Tasting notes:
- A straw appearance with excellent varietal expressions. Very intense aromas, which range from country hay, floral, tropical fruit and apricots to spice. Plenty of ripe fruit flavours. The hints of residual sugar are well balanced by acidity. Intense rounded mouth feel, ripe pear opulence, long finish. Fresh.
- Ageing potential:
- Drinking exceptionally well now and will gain in intricacy over the next two years.
- Ideal served at:
- 12 – 14° C
- Producer comment:
- We wanted this chenin to be respectful of africa’s soul, a continent where everything is spirit, passion and contradiction. You shall find it to be dry yet tempting, its tones floral and fresh-fruity to both nose and palate, but at the same time warm and complex. Our farm has a leopard that lives in the mountains, protected by men. This chenin is dedicated to nature. To a leopard that perhaps, one day, we shall be lucky enough to see.
Weight 0.750 kg